AuthorMessage
Victorian Maiden
Admin
Admin
Victorian Maiden

Character
Name: Sweety

Post your favourite quotes here^^ Empty
PostSubject: Post your favourite quotes here^^   Post your favourite quotes here^^ I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:11 am

Here is a thread to share quotes in^^ (though I suppose it will be only Aaron and me posting in here xD)

I'll start^^

"The first duty in life is to be as artificial as possible. What the second duty is no one has as yet discovered."

"The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything."

"Any preoccupation with ideas of what is right or wrong in conduct shows an arrested intellectual development."

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art."

"It is only by not paying one's bills that one can hope to live in the memory of the commercial classes."

"[Fashion] is usually a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."

"To many, no doubt, he will seem to be somewhat blatant and bumptious, but we prefer to regard him as being simply British."

"[A sensitive person], because he has corns himself, always treads on other people's toes."

"Each man kills the thing he loves // […] The coward does it with a kiss, // The brave man with a sword!"

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."

"Of all poses a moral pose is the most offensive."

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."

~all by Oscar Wilde~
Back to top Go down

Post your favourite quotes here^^
Page 1 of 1